In-service workshops help teachers develop the skills necessary to use movement as a tool to teach the core curriculum. Through the creative process, teachers will study the elements of dance and learn how to incorporate them into their teaching.
RDT is also offering Teacher Workshops based on RDT's Green Map project. Please call (801)534-1000 or email email@example.com for more information.
Repertory Dance Theatre’s workshops will focus on the State Core Curriculum for dance (modern dance technique, repertory, composition, improvisation, partnering, lighting & production, music and dance history). Each will concentrate on the choreography featured in the corresponding performances.
- Be prepared to “move.”
- Please bring your lunch.
- Workshops are free of charge.
- Teachers will be responsible for purchasing their own concert tickets.
- Teachers should encourage their students to attend the evening concerts.
- Group rates for ten or more are available by calling RDT at 534-1000.
- Video tapes of the material explored will be available for purchase.
RDT creates study guides, lesson plans, curriculum and videotapes to enrich its Arts-in-Education activities. Resource material is sent to help teachers prepare for an RDT performance or residency, augment a workshop or develop a library of topical information.
- RDT's On-Line Study Guide
- Teacher Resource Guide
- Then ... the Early Years: Written by dance historian and critic Marcia Siegal, this 28-page booklet outlines the history of modern dance and the careers of some of its most influential pioneers. Send $5 to Repertory Dance Theatre, PO Box 510427, Salt Lake City UT 84151-0427