SPIRIT October 4-6, 2018
Spotlights the work of 3 exceptional African-American choreographers plus the historic work of Michio Ito, a Japanese-American revolutionary choreographer
- Rainbow Round my Shoulder by Donald McKayle
- Historical repertory of Japanese-American artist, Michio Ito
- World-premiere commision by Tiffany Rea-Fisher (Artistic Director of the Elisa Monte Dance Company)
- World-premiere commision by local choreographer, Natosha Washington
MOSAIC November 15-17, 2018
RDT hosts guest performers from Utah ethnic communities
We are a land of immigrants. Utah is home to a rich and diverse culture that can trace its origins to almost every country on earth.
MOSIAC is a tapestry of music and movement from around the world. It is a cultural celebration featuring performers from ethnic communities that make the Salt Lake Valley their home.
We share our humanity with dances we learn and dances we create. Patterns and rituals from North and South American, Asia, Europe and the Pacific Islands tell our stories, our hopes and our dreams.
We celebrate our diversity in movement inspired by rituals, work and warrior dances, folk dances and steps that have been performed at gatherings for centuries. This production will include guest performers from selected Utah dance groups representing a variety of cultures and is enjoyable for both adults and youth.
Regalia February 9, 2019
The clock is ticking, the dancers are sweating, the choreographers are frantically creating and the audience is partying. It must be RDT's annual REGALIA, a fundraiser that asks the audience to award a commission. The performance culminates with a lively shindig and dancing on stage to big band music. Not to be missed!
Voices april 11-13, 2019
Four choreographers examine how we communicate, and organize, and socialize; how we voice our opinions and solve our problems.
. . . A community holds in place our identity and our values.
. . . A community exhibits our ancestry and ethnicity, our idiosyncratic qualities and group memberships.
. . . A community is a social unit, a group of living things, who have something in common.
- Passacaglia and Fugue in C Minor" (1938) by Doris Humphrey
- World-premiere commission by world-renowned Bebe Miller
- World-premiere commission by the winner of Regalia 2018 - Bryn Cohn
- Gaga-inspired, Theatre (2016) by Danielle Agami