Any open positions, administrative or artistic, will be listed here.
VOLUNTEER BOARD POSITION
RDT is currently seeking a volunteer for our Board of Trustees who is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or who has professional experience in understanding, evaluating, and articulating financial documents and procedures to take on the role of RDT Board Treasurer.
Duties of Treasurer: In addition to the general responsibilities of RDT Board of Trustees:
- Attend Executive meetings when necessary (usually 3-4 times per year)
- Familiarize yourself with financial statements prepared by RDT Bookkeeper
- Present financial material at RDT quarterly Board meetings
- Make recommendations concerning: financial reporting, budget preparation, Long range financial planning.
- Insure an annual audit and report to RDT Board concerning audit findings.
RDT Board Diversity RDT continues to focus on diversifying its board recruitment and composition, acknowledging that an exceptional board of directors boasts a diversity of experiences and voices—ethnic/racial, socio-economic, geographic, age, gender and sexual orientation. Good governance requires a board that balances its roles as an oversight body and a values-based force to advance the organization as a relevant community asset.
Those interested in applying contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For Interested Dancers:
RDT’s Equal Opportunity Policy
We acknowledge structural inequities that have excluded individuals and whole communities from access to opportunity and, as such, Repertory Dance Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, or disability, unless the candidate is unable to perform the “Position Requirements” listed in the job description.
Although RDT does not currently have a full-time position available, we like to become acquainted with dancers interested in RDT. We encourage dancers to attend our workshops as well as send information to us via our website.
We encourage dancers of all colors, races, ethnicities, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientations, creeds, and religions to apply.
TO SUBMIT: To submit your information, dancers should use the form below.
In addition to filling out the application form, dancers will need to prepare and upload the following materials:
- Résumé (or CV)
- Full body dance photo
- Contact information for two references (name, phone, email)
ONLINE VIDEO SUBMISSIONS: Vimeo preferred, NO Passwords please
- Applicant performing modern/ contemporary work (maximum 5 minutes). Solo work is best. If sending group work, please indicate who to watch for.
- Applicant improvising movement that illustrates technical ability (maximum 2 minutes).
- Applicant stating where they are in their dance career and their interest in RDT (maximum 1 minute).
An inspired partnership between the Rockefeller Foundation, the Salt Lake City community, and the University of Utah launched Repertory Dance Theatre (RDT) in 1966—a company in a rural western state with the mission to preserve and present modern dance, America’s unique art form. From the early pioneers to today’s boundary-breaking choreographers, RDT maintains one of the largest collections of modern dance works in the world with 480+ significant pieces including works by Ted Shawn, Michio Ito, Doris Humphrey, José Limón, Shapiro & Smith, Lar Lubovitch, Zvi Gotheiner, Ishan Rustem, and Noa Zuk.
- Positions in this 9 member company are for a minimum of 35+ weeks per year.
- Dancers must be prepared to make a two-year commitment.
- Performing engagements include 4-5 home season productions, touring, Arts-In Education residencies.
- Showcase outstanding technical skills.
- Have some experience in and ability to perform a wide range of modern/contemporary movement styles as well as contemporary and classical modern dance techniques such as Graham, Limon, and Cunningham.
- Have experience with partnering skills, serving as both a lifter/base and lifted/flyer as well as showcasing physical strength, endurance, and flexibility.
- Have a four-year degree in dance (BA, BS, or BFA) from an accredited college/university or equivalent in professional experience.
- Have some experience choreographing dance works and/or showcase an interest in developing their own choreographic skills.
- Have some experience with teaching (university pedagogy class and/or practical experience) K-12th grade students as well as interest in developing their teaching skills.
- Have clear communication skills
- Be willing to relocate to Salt Lake City, Utah for all contracted weeks
- Be available to sign a 2-year contract
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or variants
- Be a citizen of the USA or have a Green Card
As a company dedicated to both preserving AND creating modern dance, RDT recognizes the need to include performative “gender” in some historic modern dance. As a repertory company, RDT dancers may be asked to “perform gender” onstage or adopt a certain gender identity for a specific dance work; however, we are committed to making sure the performance of gender is not a barrier to inclusion and full-participation as a performer and artist.