Repertory Dance Theatre
SIX SONGS FROM ELLISPlease review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you! Announcing audition dates for:
Six Songs from Ellis
produced by Repertory Dance TheatreDirected by Marsha Knight and Leigh Selting Choreographed by Marsha Knight, Asst. Choreographer: Dan Higgins
Repertory Dance Theatre is seeking 4-6 actors of all genders, races, and ethnicities to join their company in a full-evening dance/theatre production entitled Six Songs from Ellis, based on oral histories of immigrants and refugees who passed through Ellis Island. This production will include audio from oral histories woven into actor text, entwined with dance/movement, and significant projection elements and music true to the individual’s country of origin. All ages (18+) are encouraged to audition, and significant movement skills are preferred. An original piece that involves both actors and dancers in cooperative roles, actors will be heavily incorporated into this script–based dance/theatre piece, which details the stories of over 80 oral histories from immigrants who passed through Ellis Island.
WHEN:Dec 3rd, 2021 (Friday)
Dec 4th, 2021 (Saturday) CALLBACKS
- 5:30pm-7:00pm movement
- 7:00pm-9:00pm acting
- Please e-mail a headshot and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org after signing up
- Please present a 90 second memorized monologue of your choice.
- Followed by your choice of one audition excerpt from the script: see link here https://www.marshafayknight.com/downloads (this need not be memorized)
- Must show proof of Covid vaccination at the time of audition.
- Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center; West studio (RDT studio) 138 West Broadway Salt Lake City, UT 84101
COMPENSATION: $359 per week, non-union
DATES of engagement:
- March 7th through April 20th; 11:00am-4:00pm (weekdays), Tech times TBD
- April 21 through April 23
Questions? Contact Leigh Selting 307-760-0415